Thursday, June 01, 2006

Pinas, Pinas, Pinoy

As usual, I can't sleep again. I guess I'm not used to sleeping without hearing the sound of the tricycle as they race against each other. Hay... ( I can't even remember how many times I used that word in just one month here). There is so many things I missed in manila, well aside from pangs, my family, my inlaws. Here are some non-pangs related things that I missed:
1. Meryenda, well in Singapore there is no official break time except for lunch break. Although when I'm in CBP, there are time that I was able to take coffee break in the afternoon. In DCE, wishing for meryenda is hopeless. We even have to travel at least 15 minutes just to find a place to eat during lunch.
2. Enterprise Tower 1, yeah yeah yeah it is a bit pangs related but aside from that it is really my favorite building. Of course there are other buildings more beautiful that enterprise but like your favorite pair of sneakers, it is simply your favorite.
3. Our garden, I believe most of the lawn was covered already by the peanut grass. That is one thing I really look forward seeing when I go home.
4. Driving, nothing compares the feeling of being in control when you are driving. You can go fast or slow depending on your mood.
5. FX, shuttle, vans - public transport here is kinda boring. So slow, so mabait. No excitement at all.
6. cheap food - jolly jeep, karinderya, turo-turo call it what ever you want but their turon, banana cue, BBQ or just plain boiled egg are simply delicious and very affordable. Who need a hawker full of mami?
7. sleeping on the way to or from work.
8. NSDG - after we decided we are going to get marry there, NSDG has become my sanctuary. Whenever we had misunderstanding I always go there, eat hopia and coke outside the church.
9. Kakanin - who can resist sapin sapin with latik ng nyog? or palitaw or just kutsinta with nyog? wow sarap!
10. Manga with patis & asin - ok, bagoong will also do but for me patis and asin is the best sawsawan for mangga.
11. Jollibee & Mcdo - their burger may be bland, but a little unhealthy food every once and a while is not bad for you. And it is nice to think that if you can't decide what to eat, there is always the bee or that guy in big shoes will come to the rescue. It is so expensive to eat in McDo in Singapore, I had once and thats it.
12. Pinoys - pinoys are always fun to work with. With the exception of some AHs, most pinoys are good office mate. It is always nice to have a little chit chat with your officemates.
13. TV - local shows here are way too boring compare to what we have. They may be a rich but when it comes to entertaiment, we still rule!
14. Our house - I miss thinking what to do with it, cleaning it I really missed our house.

I'm sure there are a lot more things that I missed about pinas. I'm sleepy, so that will do it for now.

Comments:
i love you pangs!

ang miss ko naman sa Singapore yung pwedeng ilagay mo bag mo sa likod mo tas hindi mo maiisip na mananakawan ka.

miss ko yung papasok ka sa Mall na walang guard na titingin sa bag mo!

miss ko rin yung excited na feeling pag titingin ako sa hawker center kasi wala akong makilalang pagkain! lahat mysterious food, hehe!

merong asa singapore na miss na miss ko na..

yung asawa ko!
 
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
 
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]