Monday, June 05, 2006

Da Vinci aftershock


Lately, pangs is so obsessed with the "religion". She was making so much research just to prove that there is nothing to doubt about our faith (especially because of some greedy author whose initial is like a database to me). This may or may not help, but here are some passages that I came across.

A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.


I have not read the book nor seen the movie, so I'm not in the position to argue about it. But, the mere fact that he is trying to raise doubt about my faith, I think I have the right to express my beliefs. I used the word trying since even in his website he never explicitly said that what he wrote was true, he just said thet what he wrote was fiction but we will never know if it is true. For me, it is half fiction, half lies. I asked my supervisor about him, he told me that there is nothing about him, about his works. What made him rich and famous was the controversy about his works.

Here is a qoute from his website,
HOW MUCH OF THIS NOVEL IS TRUE?
The Da Vinci Code is a novel and therefore a work of fiction. While the book's characters and their actions are obviously not real, the artwork, architecture, documents, and secret rituals depicted in this novel all exist (for example, Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings, the Gnostic Gospels, Hieros Gamos, etc.). These real elements are interpreted and debated by fictional characters. While it is my belief that some of the theories discussed by these characters may have merit, each individual reader must explore these characters' viewpoints and come to his or her own interpretations. My hope in writing this novel was that the story would serve as a catalyst and a springboard for people to discuss the important topics of faith, religion, and history.

See the irony, how come that a story about a unreal figure with unreal actions can be a catalyst for REAL aspects of our lives. Following the premise, an unreal character like donald duck may be catalyst for us to discuss politics. I did not bother to watch its movie cause for me it another donald duck film, full of quak quak quak.

Comments:
hehe, quak quak quak, that's actually pretty cool of you to say.

i love you pangs!
 
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
 
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]